Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekend Eating | Chicken and Siomai

Chicken and Siomai

Saturday was a busy day for mom because she attended the confirmation rites of our neighbor's fiance as they are getting married on Tuesday. The event was scheduled around 7am, but because the church had other programs, the priest was only able to start around 10am. They treated mom for some snacks (which became mom's early lunch). She took home some siomai from Chowking, and since it was already 11am, mom just said we just add it to our lunch since she is going out (again) to go look for clothes for the wedding. Sister came with her.

As usual, weekends are lazy cooking days. While I think the siomai is okay enough for me, brother went to cook fried chicken - 1 leg quarter for each of us. He still has a pack of the McCormick buffalo wings mix, so he just coated the chicken with the breading, and served the sauce on the side, so we can still put any condiments we wanted.

It was another binge for me... and I am starting to feel guilty.

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE.



*** Jenn ***

ps - I processed the picture and ran the lomo script with vignette. I was able to download this script pack and I am trying to play with it. :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}