Well now... not only do you get to pour your own Slurpee, you can also bring your own cup and enjoy the goodness of Slurpee for only 29 pesos!
On November 07, 2013... 7-Eleven, in partnership with Coca-Cola will have the Bring Your Own Cup Day, wherein you can bring whatever kind of cup you want to bring - no matter how small or big. Of course, there will be rules. All 7-Eleven stores will have a standee with a hole, and if your cup fits the "maCUPangyarihang bilog," you can use such container.
Other things to consider:
- The container has to be fixed in shape. Even if there will be curves and even if the container has a crazy shape, as long as it is fixed, it's good. What's prohibited is the usage of plastic bags (sando bags, garbage bags, to name a few).
- It has to be clean and watertight.
- There should be no leaks or drips. You can bring your tall pitcher and tilt it to fit the hole, but there should be no spills on the floor. If you're going to bring tall containers, better bring its lid as well.
- Strictly one cup per customer. If you have a lot of unique containers, pay for one cup first, then line again for the other containers.
- No refills, of course. Let's not abuse this awesome opportunity to splurge on Slurpee.
There will be two flavors for the Slurpee Bring Your Own Cup Day at 7-Eleven - the cool and classic Cola and Rad Raspberry. Take your pick among the two and enjoy your frozen drink.
I still don't know if they will allow combining two flavors come BYO Cup Day, but this event is going to be available for one day, so be creative and choose your container well. Whether it's a thermos, a kettle, a blender, a hard hat... or your pet's dish, as long as it fits the maCUPangyarihang bilog, it's fair play.
Here's the best part of all - 7-Eleven is going to give away 5,000 pesos to the customer with the best container. On November 07 until November 08, all those who availed of this treat can upload their images on Facebook and Instagram with the hashtag - #BYOCupDay.
I am now thinking of what crazy container to bring, but I have to select carefully because this event has already happened in Australia and Malaysia, and people there have already brought all sorts of crazy containers. Save the date - November 07, 2013... and don't forget to Bring Your Cup!
This promo is open at all 7-Eleven branches nationwide.