Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend Eating - Adobong Sitaw

Hello, foodies! How was your weekend? Mine was okay... though my legs are aching a bit because of long jogging and walk. :) Today is the start of a new week, and a day to share something from the weekend.

If you're new to the meme, here are the Obvious Rules:
  • Post images of a food you ate during the past weekend (Friday included). Please use only images that are your own.
  • Do include the code of the badge:



  • Leave your link below once you're done making the post.

My share for this week:

Adobong Sitaw


When cousin Dang came here, she gave us some milkfish and a big bunch of yard-long beans (sitaw). Last night, seeing the sitaw starting to get wilted, mom suggested we cook it adobo style. I prepared the Mise en Place, but just as soon as I was about to start cooking, brother took over. I just let him cook it because I still had to help sister prepare her siomai mixture.

Brother used oyster sauce for this, and it was a good addition, I think... it made the dish a little sweet, add to that the natural sweetness of the sitaw. It was really delicious, and I am happy I let him cook it.

What did you eat last weekend?



*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}