Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Proposed Picnic

When my cousin was here a few weeks ago, I told her about my upcoming travel later this month, and I asked her help to accompany sister and I to the town of San Gabriel, because I have seen several photo albums featuring the town, and I really want to see it, too. Our plans are now finished, all we have to do is wait for the time to go there.

Yesterday, she sent me a private message in Facebook asking about something, and after several exchange of messages, she wrote, "I already miss your cooking." My cousin is actually a fan of my cooking, and I am happy she appreciates the taste of the foods I cook. I asked her if she has Picnic Basket at home, so I can cook some foods for us to bring, and just look for a place for us to eat. I think us doing a picnic might be a great idea, and I am thinking of making some sandwiches and maybe a pasta dish, since she told me once that she hopes for me to cook spaghetti again, like the way I used to cook it when I was still living with Aunt Julie in La Union.

My sister hopes to cook Chicken Cordon Bleu as part of the picnic, but I told her we might need a Cutting board for it. Well, I see no problem with bringing one, but for sure it will add weight to the basket, especially that we use the wood ones at home.

It's already February, and my sister and I will travel to La Union in four weeks, but it is still very early to tell what we will prepare for the picnic. Still, the idea of us going on a nature trip and doing a picnic is already enough to make the traveler and foodie in me really happy.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}