Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Eating - Kamimura at SM Baguio Foodcourt

Hello foodies! Greetings from La Union! It is very fortunate that I can grasp free WiFi from the comforts of our bedroom here in our house, so I can still update this blog of mine. Time to share another something from the weekend.

If you're new to the meme, here are the Obvious Rules:
  • Post images of a food you ate during the past weekend (Friday included). Please use only images that are your own.
  • Do include the code of the badge:



  • Leave your link below once you're done making the post.

My share for this week:

Kamimura - SM Baguio



Last Saturday, my sister and I went to watch the 2011 Panagbenga Festival grand street parade, and after, we walked all the way up to SM City Baguio to eat lunch. It was funny because we weren't feeling anything the whole time we were standing along Magsaysay Avenue to watch the parade, yet as soon as people dispersed, we started feeling all sorts of pain, including hunger.

My sister and I didn't have much money for this trip, so we decided to just eat budget meals at the food court. I let her order first just so I could secure the table, and when she got back, I saw a some big slices of chicken, and hearing she only paid p89 for the meal, I went to order my food there, too.

Sumo Chicken Katsu


She had the Sumo Chicken Katsu,

Sumo Pork Katsu


while I opt to get the pork counterpart. It was delicious - the breading was great, the sauce was okay (though it was a little sweet for me), but the side dish wasn't. Sister went for the pancit and she said it tasted like noodles bathed in liquid seasoning. I went for the vegetables, which was very salty, and it didn't look good. Oh well, we did get what we pay for - we just let the side dishes pass... the important is that our main meal was okay.

The name of the stall was "Kamimura." Oh okay, their meals are indeed "mura," something sister and I were thankful for. For budget travelers, this is something we consider a great blessing.

What did you have last weekend?




*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}