Wednesday, February 2, 2011

C - Cashew Nuts

Cashew Nuts

ABC_Wed_8

One of my favorite nuts is the cashew. When I was still young and I am in my maternal hometown during summer, I always look forward to my relatives roasting the seeds of cashews and taking out the nut inside. I would take pleasure in eating as much as I could, but for some unknown reason, there were times my lips would swell. Still, I would eat them with gusto.

These nuts were bought at the Sidcor Weekend Market. I was with mom that time, and she saw a stall selling these nuts in 500 grams and 1 kilogram packs. It was a bit expensive, so mom just bought the 500-gram pack, which was p320 (approximately usd7.25). It was unsalted, yet very tasty. As soon as we opened the pack, we just couldn't stop ourselves from eating.

If only there is a way, I seriously would hope we can have those big containers of Kirkland cashew nuts, which I got to taste when Uncle Pete was here. It was a bit salty, yes... but really good!

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}