Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fresh!

Are you going to buy oysters online? Personally, I am very fortunate that my mom hailed from a place gifted with abundant source of seafoods. Even if we live in the Metro, at times we can savor the great flavor of eating fresh seafood because some of our relatives would come here and give some "fruits of the sea." I am not fond of eating oysters, but my mom and brother sure love eating it.


These seafoods were some of those given to us. Given by mom's brother-in-law, they have a little fish pond where they take care of prawns, shrimps, milkfish and tilapia. I am feeling a little nostalgic today because some cousins are here and it made me remember the times we could eat fresh seafood. Sadly, they didn't bring any seafood today, but it's just okay, because one of our aunts will be traveling back to Pangasinan and we can just ask her to buy some seafood for us, and for sure mom would ask oysters, too.

Getting fresh seafood is difficult especially for people living in the Metro. Some can opt to order seafood online, but should you want to try this one, it would really help to check different matters about it. Seafood is best enjoyed when fresh, so you really have to be sure of the quality these stores are offering.

For a few months now, I have been craving for prawns, yet the nearby market doesn't have it. I sure hope there is something like Pike Place Fish here so I can just go online and buy from them.

*** Jenn ***
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}