Saturday, February 12, 2011

Foodie 365 - Week 6

Food trip is the theme for this week, and here are just some of the foods I ate from week six:

Foodie 365 - 36/365

Foodie 365 > 36/365 - Lumpia
05 February 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

My sister and I went to buy flowers at a market just outside the city, and as we walked back to the jeepney stop, we saw some stalls selling cooked foods, one of which were selling these spring rolls. The long, thin ones are called "Lumpiang Shanghai," and is made of meat filling mixed with chopped carrots and celery among others. The short, thick ones are called "Lumpiang Toge," and is filled with different vegetables like mung bean sprouts, sweet potatoes, thinly sliced green beans and shredded cabbage. These spring rolls are sold 5 pieces to p20 (roughly usd0.40), and customers can opt to go with all Lumpiang Shanghai, or all Lumpiang Toge... or something I did - I went for 2 pieces of Shanghai and 3 of Toge. :)

Foodie 365 - 37/365

Foodie 365 > 37/365 - Fried Eggplant, Adobong Kangkong & Brown Rice served with Nilasing na Mangga
Pino Resto Bar - Malingap St., Teachers Village, Quezon City
06 February 2011

{Canon Powershot SX130is}

I met up with foodie friends this day, and we went to eat dinner at Pino Resto Bar after realizing that our first choice of restaurant - Van Gogh is Bipolar - seemed to have closed already (but we are still not sure). We were asked to choose one dish each, and I went for this dish. It was okay, but it tasted like the one I am cooking at home, so in a way I was a bit disappointed.

Foodie 365 - 38/365

Foodie 365 > 38/365 - Gummy Bears
07 February 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

I was in the process of polluting my iPod Nano with songs, and while waiting for the songs from my CD to sync into my iPod, I munched on some gummy bears.

Foodie 365 - 39/365

Foodie 365 > 39/365 - Kurita
08 February 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

In the northern part of the country where both of my parents came from, octopus means "kurita." Mom bought one whole octopus from the nearby market and asked brother to cook it. My brother just cooked it with a little water seasoned with salt and cut it to pieces and served with chopped shallots and chili peppers. It was a simple dish, but really yummy!

Foodie 365 - 40/365

Foodie 365 > 40/365 - Pancit Luglug
Razon's of Guagua - SM City Fairview
09 February 2011

{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Family went to do grocery shopping, and we decided to eat at the mall before going home. We went to eat at Razon's, because we still haven't tried their foods yet. Among the foods we had were: Sizzling Bulalo (beef shank), Sisig, Asadong Baboy at Manok, Halo-Halo, and this - the Pancit Luglug. I really love noodles of this kind, and it was really, really, tasty!

Foodie 365 - 41/365

Foodie 365 > 41/365 - San Nicolas
10 February 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Before we left Razon's "yesterday," I asked brother to buy me a pack of San Nicolas, a cookie that is well known in the province of Pampanga, where Razon's started. I found it really tasty and I think when we go back to SM City Fairview, I would buy some packs again.

Foodie 365 - 42/365

Foodie 365 > 42/365 - Choco Espresso Cupcake
11 February 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

I attended a blog event for Max's Restaurant and before the event ended, we were given a box each of cupcakes, their newest product. This was one of the four cupcakes in the box, and it was funny - there were four different flavors, and sister and I had a box each, so us in the family can have two cupcakes. The funny part was, I ate the two Choco Espresso cupcakes! Well, I am not complaining at all - it was one of my favorites in the bunch.


I hope you also had a great foodie week! Happy weekend, everyone!

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}