Saturday, April 2, 2011

Foodie 365 - Week 13

It would seem as if Fridays are no-Internet days for me, so sorry if I cannot join Food Memes every Fridays. Hopefully next Friday, I can join the fun again.

Here are the foods that made up Week 13 of 2011:

85. Pata Tim

Foodie 365 > 85/365 - Pata Tim
Janet's Pares House (Lagro, Quezon City)
26 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Sister wanted to treat mom and I to a day at the salon, and mom suggested we eat out for lunch. The salon sister chose was located in Lagro, so I took them to Janet's Pares House as they still haven't eaten there. We had quite a lot to eat, and one those foods was the Pata Tim, something sister chose. I found it delicious, and tasting the distinct flavor of star anise made it really, really, good.

86. Dr. Pearl Cooler

Foodie 365 > 86/365 - Pearl Coolers
Dr. Pearl Cooler (Robinson's Metro East)
27 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Brother and I were invited to the opening of Dr. Pearl Cooler shop in Robinson's Metro East. Among the many flavors available, I went for the Gourd Milk Chantilly, while brother chose the Bubblegum Chantilly. Refreshingly great!

87. Seaweed Puff

Foodie 365 > 87/365 - Seaweed Puff by Dr. Pearl Cooler
28 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Aside from the delicious drinks, Dr. Pearl Cooler also had snacks in their menu, and after the event yesterday, they gave us a bag each filled with different flavored popcorn! My favorite is the seaweed puff, and I ate it for snacks today.

88. Mani

Foodie 365 > 88/365 - Peanuts!
29 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

It wasn't spicy, but it had lots of toasted garlic, so I loved it!

89. Pancakes

Foodie 365 > 89/365 - Pancakes
30 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

We always have a stock of flour, cornstarch, and baking powder in our pantry, so sister requested brother to cook homemade pancakes. I got to taste some of it, but it didn't have much taste as sister prepared a mix of butter and syrup to give it taste. Sister was still preparing her sauce when I took this, so it looked a little bare.

90. Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa

Foodie 365 > 90/365 - Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa
31 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Cousin Joyce went here to sought help about her class documents, and Aunt Mary let asked her to take some seafood for us. To pair with the crabs, brother cooked Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa (Yard Long Beans and Squash in Coconut Milk). What a great pair! I am not a big eater of crabs because it just take long to take out the flesh from the shell, but I did eat quite a lot that night.

91. Yakult

Foodie 365 > 91/365 - Yakult
01April 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Last grocery day, I requested brother to buy me a pack of Yakult because I wanted to cook this recipe I saw from FOOD Magazine. Unfortunately, I only had the name of the dish in my itty bitty notebook, and wasn't able to jot down the ingredients list. When I was about to cook it, I found out I needed Orange Soda and not Orange Juice (I thought it was o-jay). When I called off the recipe, my siblings started drinking the Yakult, but my sister remembered that it was mine, so they left me one and I drank it today. :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}