Thursday, March 31, 2011

Revisiting Taipan Grill

Taipan Grill - SM Fairview
New Annex Building
Belfast Avenue cor. Quirino Highway, Quezon City
25 July 2010


Taipan Grill SM Fairview

When we told brother about our food trip at Taipan Grill in SM City Fairview, brother was a bit jealous because he loves grilled foods. When the three of us went to the mall, mom thought of letting brother taste the food, too. I was mumbling "Let's eat somewhere else, I already made a food trip there," but the restaurant's very affordable foods made mom decide for us to eat there.

Our foods:



Grilled Tilapia

Grilled Tilapia with Rice (p110 / usd2.53). Mom's choice. They grilled this good, the meat wasn't mushy, and the seasoning was okay.

Grilled Pusit

Grilled Pusit with Rice (p145 / usd3.34). Brother's meal. From what I remembered, he liked that the squid wasn't rubbery and that the relish inside complemented the seafood, but if there was one complaint brother would say, it would have to be the squid that big enough for a meal worth p145.

Chicken Barbecue

Grilled Chicken Drumstick with Rice (p70 / usd1.61). As usual, I went for the grilled chicken. I liked it then, I still liked it this time.

It was a great lunch for us... and I think this place is something we could consider if we wanted to eat something grilled. I did tell brother about their dipping sauces, and he really liked the peanut barbecue sauce, and when we learned a bottle of it (the size of the regular ketchup) was only about p23 (usd0.53), we decided to buy a bottle.

When I posted my previous food trip at Taipan Grill, I received a comment and I wanted to share it here: Aside from the SM Fairview branch, they also have a branch in Broadway Centrum, and another one will open up at Shopwise Arcade in Araneta Center.

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}