Sunday, April 24, 2011

Weekend Eating | Dried Fish & Misua Soup

Happy Easter, everyone! How was your Holy Week? Ours wasn't that hectic... most of the celebrations were done in the parish and not in the sub-parishes, so we didn't get to participate that much, though we had our own solemn times to contemplate. We also used the Holy Week to do some spring cleaning.

Like most Catholics, we were quite strict with the foods and we didn't eat any meat from Maundy Thursday 'til Black Saturday. It was quite interesting for the family to think of ways to replace the meat with fish, but I did love how we got to manage not eating any pork, chicken, or beef for three days.

Welcome to another round of Weekend Eating. Thank you so much to everyone who joined last week, and as always, I am thankful that you're here once again. If you're new to the meme, here are the obvious rules:
  • Post images of a food you ate during the past weekend (Friday included). Please use only images that are your own, or you have permission to use.
  • Do include the code of the badge (check the right side panel of this blog to get the code) so your readers can easily come here in case they want to join, too.
  • Leave your link below once you're done making the post.
  • Visit other participants' blogs and leave a comment love, too.

My share this week:

Misua Soup and Dried Fish


Last Friday, mom just asked me to cook the dried fish we bought from the weekend market. It was quite okay by itself, but the family love something soupy to go with fried dishes, but we didn't make a trip to the market and the ones brother bought the day before weren't something I could use for soup, so I was thankful seeing a quarter of a cabbage left in the fridge as well as a carrot. I just made a misua soup out of it, and to add a meaty flavor, I sprinkled some imitation bacon bits, something given to us by mom's friend. It was made from soy beans and really tasted like real bacon.

Needless to say us girls loved it. With the spiced vinegar dip, it was an awesome lunch. So awesome "somebody" else couldn't get a hang of "himself":


Our cat Oreo trying to act as if he's brother. Hahahaha. Well, brother was still asleep, and seeing the chair pulled back, he just found a way to entertain us with his ways of trying to ask for some food. Well yes, he is one spoiled kitty catty... and we just let him be like that all he wants, as long as he won't jump on the table.

What did you have last weekend? Link up if you're joining this week, thanks!

*** Jenn ***

PS - thanks to Willa for the badge. So cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}