Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Take the Trouble."

I will make a two-in-one post and link this one up to Food Quote and ABC Wednesday.

Buffalo Wings



ABC_Wed_8

My "B" word for this week is the Buffalo Wings. This dish I cooked sometime two or maybe three weeks ago. When brother and I were doing grocery shopping for the New Year's eve meal (Media Noche), I saw a pack of Buffalo Wings mix and asked brother if I can put it in the cart. I was hoping to use it for New Year's Day lunch, but I forgot to buy some chicken wings, so it took time before I was able to use it.

I cooked this for lunch that day. It was my first time to taste Buffalo Wings, so I couldn't say if it was good or not. Well, it was a bit tangy, quite spicy, and at first I didn't seem to like it, but as I try to eat more and more, I have come to appreciate it. I am not sure if all Buffalo Wings taste like that, I really have to learn how to cook this without using any ready-made mixes so I will know if I will like it or not.

My siblings had the same views about it, but since I prepared this much, the three of us have to really eat it all. I guess growing up in a poor family has taught us to appreciate the food on the table, giving respect not just to the one who prepared the food, but all those who made it all possible for us to eat such food, including the farmers, the one who sold it, and the one who bought it.

I really should start searching for a good Buffalo Wings recipe. :)

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}