Saturday, January 8, 2011

Foodie 365 - Week 1

Like what I have written in my photo blog, Shutter Happy Moments, one of the three projects I gave myself was the Foodie 365, which is obviously Project 365, but is more focused on taking pictures of foods. Staying at home. P365 is something really difficult for me to do, and since I eat multiple times in a day, I figured picturing the foods that I am about to eat would be able to help me finish a whole cycle of the project (this is my third try and I failed the first two).

Also, one of the things I need to accomplish for this year is to keep a food log - where I jot down every food that enters my mouth. This is supposed to be the first week, but I wasn't able to write down every piece of food I ate, so allow me to waive off the first week; no very specific details, just pictures and a little description for now.

Foodie 365 (2011) - 01/365

Foodie 365 > 01/365 - Macaroni Salad
01 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

First of the year meant so many foods on the dinner table. I have already shared the Sinugba Platter my brother prepared, so I am sharing this - the Macaroni Salad given to us by one of the neighbors. At first taste it was great because it had a lot of dressing, but three or four spoons after you'd already feel the "umay" coming in. This is one of the holiday dishes our family no longer cooks, so having a taste of it was still appreciated.

Foodie 365 (2011) - 02/365

Foodie 365 > 02/365 - Lasagna
02 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Mom, Sis, and I went to watch two MMFF movies, and since we watched one after the other, it was already about 3PM when the second movie ended. We were all hungry, but when we went to Iceberg's, I decided to go for pasta instead of rice, because I wanted a food that would photograph well. :)

Foodie 365 (2011) - 03/365

Foodie 365 > 03/365 - DaingSiLog
03 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

I decided to take home the parsley garnish on my lasagna and mom's food from yesterday (snigger snigger), and I used it to cook the fried rice. This was actually my brunch, and I cooked the boneless biya fish to go with the salted egg as my viand. The daing was actually a little bland - we really love salt-less dried fish - so the whole brunch wasn't really packed with sodium. :) I dipped my daing in suka pinakurat, and even if I only had a cup of the fried rice, I was really satisfied with my meal.

Foodie 365 (2011) - 04/365

Foodie 365 > 04/365 - Baked Mac and Watermelon Shake
04 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

My sister loves macaroni, so for lunch, I cooked some, but my share of the food I placed in a small leche flan llanera, topped it with bechamel sauce and some cheddar cheese before I placed it in the oven toaster to melt the cheese. As for our drinks, my sister and I decided to make a shake out of the watermelon we had in the fridge. We didn't put in a lot of sugar in the shake, so it was a little bland, but we were fine with that. Less sugar, less guilt.

Foodie 365 (2011) - 05/365

Foodie 365 > 05/365 - Crispy Kangkong
05 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Ever since I learned how to cook this dish, I always find myself craving for it. When I saw some good looking bunch of kangkong at the nearby market, I went to buy some so I could let my sister taste it, too. For the dipping sauce, I mixed mayonnaise, finely minced garlic, pepper, salt, vinegar and some fresh milk. My sister loved it, and I was a happy cook.

IMG_Foodie 365 (2011) - 06/365

Foodie 365 > 06/365 - Instant Yakisoba
06 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Another brunch for my sister and I... she requested sunny side up egg and hotdog, and I wanted the instant noodles. She hoped I could cook the Lucky Me! chili pancit canton, but we only had the regular ones, so this was her next choice. The egg, I cooked using the heart mold; I just wanted to be a little cheesy and show my sister that I love her. :)


Foodie 365 (2011) - 07/365

Foodie 365 > 07/365 - Sinigang na Talakitok
07 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Mom took home two big steak cuts of Talakitok, which she asked the fish vendor to cut each steak in half. She asked me to cook the fish sinigang style, and it made me giggle a bit because she specifically asked for a "delicious sinigang" - not too sour has salt. For this, I used the Knorr sinigang sa miso mix, and I am happy that she was satisfied with my dish.

One week of great delicious foods! My tummy is such a spoiled brat, hahaha! Next week, my entries would be more concise, I promise. :)

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}