Friday, January 21, 2011

Original Biscocho Haus 3 of 4

Original Biscocho Haus
#8 Lopez Jaena Street
Jaro, Iloilo City
+63 (33)329-0862 / +63 (33)329-0864

To read part 1, click HERE
To read part 2, click HERE

Continuing the posts about the pasalubong I took home from Original Biscocho Haus:

Pinasugbo

Pinasugbo (p45). This is one of my favorite regional foods. Although this food product is available in South Luzon provinces, it was also available in Visayas regions, and as sweet and as tough as the banana slices are, I just love it. Each pack has ten paper cones of pinasugbo (average of 5 slices per cone), and I think this was the best I have tasted. At one time I actually ate 3 cones in one sitting... I just can't help it.

Banana Marbles

Banana Marbles (p33). One of the items I didn't like. The name suggests it's banana, yet it didn't tasted like one. If you're familiar with the food "belekoy" (ooohhh nostalgic), you'd get the idea of how this tasted.

Yema

Yemas (p44). Another one of those I didn't like. It was very zesty, and had an awful amount of granulated sugar. I gave it a taste, then I threw the pack - I won't risk letting my mom eat this, as her blood sugar is borderline high already.

Mango Tartlets


Mango Tartlets (p53). This, I like. The mango filling was a bit sour and the dough helped in mellowing the taste. I love munching one or two pieces after meal, and I was the one who ate most of this product because family didn't like it that much.

Last part next week.

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}