Saturday, January 29, 2011

Foodie 365 - Week 4

Time really flies fast! I remember just thinking about making this project, and already, I am about to wrap up its first month. Here are the foods ate from 22 - 28 January 2011:

Foodie 365 - 22/365

Foodie 365 > 22/365 - Tulya
22 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Us three siblings were out to look for something for dinner, and both brother and I got interested with this seashells. Brother cooked it with some ginger, lemongrass, and chili leaves, but I didn't like it that much because brother didn't make the initial sauteeing (onions, garlic, and tomatoes).

Foodie 365 - 23/365

Foodie 365 > 23/365 - Brunch

23 January 2011
{Sony Ericsson K800i}

Since I started doing the DVD marathon for "Criminal Minds," I always see myself sleeping late and waking up late. For this day, I woke up around 9AM, and since my cousin and sister woke up late, too, I just cooked brunch for us - luncheon meat, hotdogs, and sunny side up eggs.

Foodie 365 - 24/365

Foodie 365 > 24/365 - Grilled Chicken Breast
24 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Brother grilled some foods again for dinner, and since I already posted a picture of grilled tilapia from last week, I decided to take a picture of the grilled chicken breast. Brother marinated the meat in some soy sauce, calamansi juice, pepper, crushed garlic, and a little olive oil. I am not a big fan of chicken breast, but I did give this one a taste, too.

Foodie 365 - 25/365

Foodie 365 > 25/365 - Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa
25 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

We love dishes cooked in coconut milk. For today's dinner, brother cooked squash and string beans in coconut milk, and it was really delicious! Very simple dish to make, just saute onions, garlic, and crushed ginger root in very little oil, followed by the meat of choice (he used pork). Once the meat turned opaque, season with some salt and pepper, then pour the coconut milk. When it boils, add the vegetables and simmer until it is cooked.

Foodie 365 - 26/365

Foodie 365 > 26/365 - Veggies in Oyster Sauce
26 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Another dish cooked by brother - he wanted to cook chopseuy, but my mom doesn't really like eating cabbage and green beans, so he just cooked a somewhat similar dish using young corn, cauliflower and snow peas. Veggies were crunchy, pork was tender... I had a great meal.

Foodie 365 - 27/365

Foodie 365 > 27/365 - Chicken Cordon Bleu
27 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

We still have some chicken breast in the freezer, so sister cooked this one for our dinner. We didn't have ham, so she substituted hotdogs... not really a good replacement, but it was good nonetheless. What she did was line up some slices of cheese, chopped tomatoes and onions before rolling the flattened chicken breast meat. Securing the rolled meat with toothpicks, she dipped it in flour with dried oregano, beaten eggs, and panko bread crumbs before deep frying. I am really loving dried oregano now!

Foodie 365 - 28/365

Foodie 365 > 28/365 - A Beef Dish
28 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

My sister and I went to the market to buy ingredients for our lunch when the thought of buying cooked dishes entered our minds. There were two karinderyas (a small food stall selling cooked dishes for people who wanted to eat on a budget) in the market, and with all dishes costing p30 per serving, she decided to go with this beef dish, because she knew beef was more expensive that pork and chicken. We didn't know what's the name of this dish - it had sliced potatoes and carrots, and was a little tangy, possibly from calamansi juice. Regardless of its name, sister and I really loved the dish. We were thinking - if we were to buy each of the ingredients, it would definitely cost us more. Thirty pesos (about 0.75usd) for a beef dish was really a great thing for us to have.


If you want to join the potluck, just click the link above. Happy weekends!

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}