Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend Eating | Binagoongan / Ginataan

Today, I harvested my first ampalaya. Like the fruit where I took the seeds, it was a bit small, and I hoped to share a picture of a dish using my harvest, but my mom and my siblings attended a birthday party two houses away from us, and since they ate quite a lot, they decided not to eat dinner anymore. I did cook something for myself, but because I just manicured my nails, my dinner wasn't spectacular.

Binagoongan / Ginataan

Saturday lunch, brother decided to cook the liempo delivered to us because it has been sitting in the freezer for a week now, and because we try to consume meat within the week of purchasing it, brother thought of cooking it a la Binagoongan.

Sis: Ano'ng ulam?
Me: Ay, alam ko... Binagoongan.
Sis: Ahhh, kaya pala may talong (sa ref)?
Bro: Yep yep.
Sis: Ayos, tapos lagyan ng gata!

It turned out really good. I do love dishes with gata (coconut milk), and the blend of the bagoong alamang and the gata and the chili garlic sauce sister cooked was something that made me eat quite a lot that lunch.

Thanks for cooking, kuya!

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE.



*** Jenn ***



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}