- 400 grams shrimps (medium size)
- 1 piece white onion, chopped finely
- 2 leaves tarragon, chopped
- 5 grams paprika
- 30 grams mayonnaise
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt (as needed)
- Espelette spice (as needed)
- Baby Romaine Lettuce
- 12 mini buns
- 24 sundried tomato petals*
Ingredients (Tartar Sauce):
- 125 grams mayonnaise
- 10 grams Pomery mustard
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 bunch chervil, pluck and crushed
- 1/2 bunch parsley, pluck and crushed
- 1 piece red onion, chopped
- 30 grams capers in vinegar
*Ingredients (Sundried Tomato Petals):
- 1 kilogram tomatoes
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 3 cloves garlic
- sugar (optional)
- Olive oil (as needed)
- salt and pepper (as needed)
How to Cook (Sundried Tomato Petals):
- Peel, seed, and cut the tomatoes into four petals. Place them in the salad bowl, add about 40ml of olive oil, and sprinkle some salt and pepper. Sweeten with sugar if necessary (if the tomatoes are a bit sour). Mix delicately.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Spread the petals, making sure there is enough space in between each petals.
- Crush the garlic, and sprinkle them over the tomatoes. Likewise, sprinkle thyme equally.
- Tip over the mixing bowl and pour out the juice on the tomatoes.
- Bake at 90*C for four hours. Oil them lightly if necessary.
- Place the dry ones on the top of the moist ones below. Remove the tomatoes as they crystallize. Let cool. Arrange them in a plastic box or in a jar. Cover with olive oil and refrigerate.
How to Prepare (Patties):
- Shell the shrimps, remove the gut and dice.
- In a mixing bowl, add the shrimps, tarragon, onion, and lemon zest. Mix.
- Divide into 12 portions and mold into balls and place on top of a wax paper. Cover with another wax paper and flatten each balls. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
How to Prepare (Tartar Sauce):
- Combine all ingredients, but add the lemon juice and zest slowly, as you don't want it to be too sour.
How to Prepare (Garnish):
- Pluck the baby romaine lettuce and cut the hearts into 4 thin slices.
- Drain the sundried tomatoes.
- Lightly toast the buns (already cut in half).
How to Cook and Present the Burgers:
- Fry each of the patties in olive oil over medium heat for about 6 to 8 minutes, depending on the patties' thickness.
- Spread the tartar sauce on the bottom part of the buns, but don't add too much as this has a very strong flavor.
- Add the fried patties, and top with a layer of tartar sauce, lettuce, and sundried tomato petal.
- Close the burger with the top part of the bun and stick a toothpick in the center to hold all ingredients.
- Heat in oven for a minute, then serve.
Quite a tedious recipe to do, but this surely tasted really good. Try it if you have the time. :)
*** Jenn ***