Saturday, July 16, 2011

Foodie 365 | Week 28

Foods from Week 28:


190. Shrimp Tartar Burgers

This day, I attended the FOOD Kitchen Series with my sister. Four dishes were cooked by Enderun Colleges chef/professors, and among those dishes, this was my favorite. It may be small, but was packed with many flavors!

191. Magnolia Strawberry Ice Cream

191. Magnolia Strawberry Ice Cream

I hoped to take a picture of the Halo-Halo ice cream mom served to her members (there was a prayer meeting here at home), but the ice cream left was way too soft already and our freezer wasn't able to bring it back to its original state. When sister opened her own pint of ice cream, I just decided I'd use her image because I was sure she will consume this fast. I only had a tablespoon of it, but it was enough to make me satisfied.

192. Fish Crackers

192. Fish Crackers

There are so many kinds of fish crackers available in the market, but this kind is my favorite. I love the chili powder that makes the throat itchy. Paired with a glass of softdrinks, I had a great snack that day.

193. Chicken Sopas

193. Chicken Sopas

I cooked the Yakiniku Beef (teriyaki flavor) given by SM Hypermarket at the Cooking Marathon event, but I didn't know how to effectively plate it, so I just took a picture of the sopas brother cooked accompanying the beef I cooked.

194. Triple Decker Sandwich

194. Triple Decker Sandwich (Le Coeur de France - SM Fairview)

The girls (mom and sis) and I met to do some grocery shopping, and for dinner we decided to eat at Le Coeur de France and I just went to eat their sandwich. Inside this sandwich were three major ingredients: Chicken Salad, Egg Salad, and a slice of ham. Yum yum!

195. no picture

I wasn't able to take a picture of today's food, but I ate the meaty jaw part of 1/2 salmon head, which sister cooked.

196. Salmon Paksiw

196. Salmon Paksiw

When we did the grocery shopping, I bought 2 heads of salmon, which I asked to be cut into 2 pieces. Since we are four in the family, each of us gets to have 1/2 salmon head, and I specifically asked sister not to cook my share of the main head part as I will cook it the following day. My sister (last night) asked if I wanted paksiw or sinigang, and I told her I still haven't tasted salmon paksiw so I went to cook paksiw this day. The only thing I can say about this dish is that I will cook it again!

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}