Saturday, July 9, 2011

Foodie 365 | Week 27

I wasn't able to post my last week's share of Foodie 365, but I decided not to post them anymore as I skipped some days yet again. If you must know, some foods I was able to take pictures of were:

176 - Pork Barbecue, which I talked about HERE.
177 - Labong Dinengdeng

178 to 182 had no pictures. :(

Anyway, here are the pictures for week 27:

183. Choco Crunch

183. Choco Crunch

My favorite girls (mom and sis) and I went out today for some girl bonding. We were supposed to eat at Shakey's in Lagro, but the store was closed for other people as there was a party. Our fall back was the Janet's Pares House, but we were slightly disappointed. We decided then to eat desserts at the nearby Ice Cream House sa Lagro, and we were already happy. Hahaha.

184. Watermelon Float

184. Watermelon Float

I went to the Prayer Mountain in Antipolo City with my mom and some of her friends, and for our late lunch, we passed by SM Masinag. One of mom's friends took along her 6 year old son, so obviously we went to eat at Jollibee. As always, I went for the chicken and spaghetti, but for a change, I chose to have the Watermelon Float as my drink.

185. Ampalaya with Beef

185. Ampalaya with Beef

My choice of dish when we had some beef delivered.

186. Papaya

186. Papaya

While on the road going home from the Prayer Mountain, we stopped by a street store and bought some roasted cashew nuts, suman, and fruits. We bought this big papaya for only p65, and today it was ripe enough to eat. We loved that it was soooo orange and that it was so sweet!

187. Kuya's Hab-Hab

187. Kuya's Pancit Hab-Hab

Brother was craving for pancit and he opted to cook one of the dried pancit hab-hab packs we bought from Quezon today. Despite the quite dry substance, I admired brother for having to cook this one real good.

188. Spicy Prawns in Hoisin Sauce

188. Spicy Prawns in Hoisin Sauce

There was a blog event at the Marriott Hotel, which I didn't sign up with because the location was way too far from our place. When a door closes, another opens, and I was thankful I received an invitation for the SM Hypermarket Master Chefs' "Cooking Marathon" at SM Fairview. Chef Deejay Santos prepared three delicious dishes, my favorite being this one - the Spicy Prawns in Hoisin Sauce. If you want to cook this, please check the recipe HERE.

189. Itty Meatballs in Vermicelli

189. Itty Bitty Meatballs in Vermicelli

It was just us siblings for dinner that night because mom went movie watching with her colleagues. We still have cabbages and carrots in the fridge so brother just cooked another noodle dish, using the unwrapped lumpiang shanghai filling, which he turned into meatballs. With more than a dash of pepper on my bowl, I really had a hearty dinner.

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}