Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Eating | Pork BBQ Minus the Stick

Pork BBq

Last week was really stressful for most Filipinos because of the endless rains. I am thankful that sis and I were still able to attend the first Bloggers' Buffet at Carol's Texan 5 last Thursday. I received two more invites for two different events and both were cancelled because of continuous rains. I pray both events will push through in the near future. :)

Anyway, mom brought home marinated pork last Tuesday or Wednesday and hoped we would cook it by the weekend... and at first I thought it was impossible as it was really difficult to grill on a rainy day, but thanks to brother's grill pan, he was able to grill the pork pieces using the stove last Saturday night. It didn't have the smokey flavor I prefer, but for this moment it was really good.

No need to skewer the pork as the pieces were quite big, and I really liked the taste of this one - it was marinated good. I am thinking of asking mom to buy some more next week. :)

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE.



*** Jenn ***



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}