Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend Eating | My Blogapalooza Experience

A few weeks ago, I received an e-mail encouraging me to sign up for the upcoming Blogapalooza, an event by WhenInManila.Com. Reading more about the event, I knew I just have to be in it, so I quickly signed up, and a few days later, I received an e-mail from the organizers saying I am "in!"

Me at the Blogapalooza

The event took place last Saturday (17 September) at the 5th floor of Fully Booked in Bonifacio High Street. I actually arrived there awfully early (around 10:20am), but they were still setting up the place and registration wasn't open yet, so I went down to read some books. When I got back, there were some bloggers present, so I went it and mingled with them.

Blogapalooza aimed to do a B2B (Business to Bloggers) concept where businesses had 5 minutes to talk about their products so Bloggers can write about it. Close to 50 businesses and 150 bloggers at the event... it was an event that wowed us all.

Lunch by Italiannis

Healthy First

Before the actual event, we all lined up for the lunch table. Today's lunch was provided by Italianni's and Healthy First, as well as AquaBest (for those who preferred to drink water). The spaghetti was very tasty - you can taste the saltiness of the of the pasta, yet it was tangy because of the olives and chopped tomatoes. The banana muffin for dessert was by Healthy First, it tasted like the banana bread we used to eat, nothing really, really special, but it was delicious. As for the drinks... I got to know about Healthy First's carrot drinks way, way, back - I always buy their drinks whenever I go to the Sidcor Weekend Market (then located at the Lung Center of the Philippines), and since I always get the four seasons flavor, this time I went for the carrot-strawberry flavor, which had a good flavor combination. What I loved about it was the bits of strawberry inside the drink, making it more special than the ordinary carrot juice.

There were about 35 companies who presented their products, which I divided into categories -
  • Food >>> Jap-OK | Easy Pha-Max Wheatgrass | AquaBest | Healthy First | Size Matters | Leslie's | Unilever (Lipton Tea)
  • Travel >>> Matabungkay Beach Resort | Sofitel Manila | Tripologie | Chana Cars
  • Beauty / Fashion >>> Lay Bare | Human ♥ Nature | Freestyle Ballers | Unilever (Sunsilk & Close Up) | SPArkle | Golden ABC (Regatta, Memo, For Me) | Beyond Beauty | Oryspa | Shopinas.Com | Blue Water Day Spa | Budoir Dolls Photography
  • Tech / Fitness / Learning >>> Avira | 360* Fitness | Kamera World | Galileo Learning Center | Tree Hugger | Lazer Xtreme | CreatiVoices | Phiten | Pole Cats Manila | HTC
In the days to come, I am going to blog about these companies/products... so stay tuned for that.

At the event, I got to see some familiar faces, as well as bloggers who I only got to see through their blogs. Though most of them I didn't get to say hello, it was surely a great experience seeing the blogger behind the blog. A special shoutout to Nora, who quickly spotted me at the event - when I hopped into her Flakes & Nuts blog to comment for Food Trip Friday, I saw her blog with the Blogapalooza badge, so I hoped to meet her, and met we did. :) We sat on the same row as my dear blogger friend Darryl and my second cousin Marjorie.

Loot From Blogapalooza

Before calling it a day, we were each given a big loot bag containing samples of products from each of the sponsors. This was just a "teaser" photo of what was inside... in the days to come, I'd share each of the products. :)

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who joined last last week.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}