Friday, September 30, 2011

Blogapalooza | Easy Pha-Max Wheatgrass




Wheatgrass
Image taken at Sidcor Weekend Market, May 2010

The first time I learned about Wheatgrass was when I visited the Salcedo Village Weekend Market (Makati City) for the Yummy Weekend in June 2008. Though I was told the many benefits of wheatgrass and I was given the chance to sample it, I wasn't really able to get a taste of wheatgrass juice as I was a bit skeptic as to how it would taste. Slowly, whenever I visit different weekend markets, I would always see a stall for wheatgrass, though during that time, it was only available in seed form (meaning you need to grow your own wheatgrass and juice it.

The very refreshing green color of the grass as well as its many benefits have already captured my interest, but it was through my scrappy friend Au's blog that made me want to grow my own. However, it didn't push through as I found it a bit tedious, and I didn't have the money to buy a juicer.

I guess my reason was also the reason why not too many people didn't really dive into the wheatgrass habit then.

Easy Pha-Max

When my sister and I visited the Sidcor Weekend Market (then located at the grounds of Lung Center of the Philippines) in October 2008, we got to see the packaged, readily available wheatgrass drink mix, a great solution for people-on-the-go, who don't really have the time to grow their own grass and juice it.

Easy Pha-Max (as what you can read on the image) was established in 2007 and is still the leader in distributing wheatgrass based products in the country. There sure are some other brands out there, but Easy Pha-Max is the only one that uses the leaves and the roots of the wheatgrass so people can get the maximum health benefits.

So... what makes Wheatgrass good for us?
  • Wheatgrass Cleanses. It has the highest Chlorophyll content among the other greens. It detoxifies the blood, promotes blood production, prevents anemia, and assists in wound healing. It's also a good source of fiber, which can prevent constipation.
  • Wheatgrass Alkalizes. Called as the "King of Alkaline Food," it contains more alkaline minerals than most vegetables.
  • Wheatgrass Nourishes. It contains 13 vitamins, 10 minerals, and 17 amino acid, aside from the other health benefits already mentioned. The roots of the wheatgrass are rich in Abscissic Acid that helps prevent cancer formation and growth. Not only that, it is also packed with more than 100 types of enzymes that aid in digestion and faster metabolism.

Easy Pha-Max is recognized and certified in many countries, including the Bureau of Food and Drug Administration (BFAD) here in the Philippines.

Easy Pha-Max Sampler Pack

At the Blogapalooza, each attendees were given a sampler pack containing four different wheatgrass based products, three of which I prepared the other day as part of the family's breakfast.

Wheatgrass (Original)

Easy Pha-Max Wheatgrass (pure). Sister personally chose this as her drink because she wanted to taste it in its simplest form. Taking a sip from it, I could say it tasted like tea, and because I used to drink Banaba tea, its taste was very tolerable. They say we can get to taste certain smells, and sipping this reminded me of freshly cut grass, and it also had its natural sweetness.

Wheatgrass with Honey

Wheatgrass with Honey. This drink was something I had at the Blogapalooza (I wasn't able to prepare the sachet of Wheatgrass with Honey because brother already had his cup of morning coffee). Although the pure kind had its own sweetness, this having honey made it a very good drink that even kids can appreciate. My cousin Marjorie was actually the one who asked me to try this at the event because it tasted really good, and I am glad I tried it. :)

This drink is something anyone can drink any time of the day, and can be mixed with hot, warm, or cold water. Each sachet contains 100% pure wheatgrass, oligosaccharides, and honey.

BIO 4-in-1 Coffee

Bio 4-in-1 Coffee. Something I prepared for mom. It tasted different from the usual 3-in-1 coffee drinks we had... one could definitely taste the difference because the wheatgrass flavor was something coffee, creamer, and sugar couldn't hide, but it wasn't really overpowering, so mom still said it tasted okay for her.

Each sachet contains: Instant Arabica coffee, non-dairy creamer (glucose syrup and hardened vegetable fat), oligosaccharides, and wheatgrass powder.

BIO Soy Milk

Bio Soy Milk. My drink. As soon as I opened the sachet, it made me exclaim, "smells like Buco Pandan!" I personally loved this drink because it's creamy and a little sweet.

This drink can be taken as is (obviously) or can be poured into your morning cereal, or can be a base for your smoothies and other drinks. Each sachet contains soy bean powder, isolated soy protein, oligosaccharides, isoflavones, and wheatgrass powder.

If you're wondering what's oligosaccharides... it helps promote the growth of good bacteria, and minimizes intestinal problems.

If you want to try the Easy Pha-Max wheatgrass based products, I suggest you visit the weekend markets - there might be a stall selling some. My sister told me she once saw the products at a local convenience store, so you might want to check it out there, or maybe ask your friends and/or colleagues if they know someone who sells the products. To know more about Easy Pha-Max and their other products, please check their Website or their Facebook Page.

By the way, if you're a blogger, you might want to check out their Easy Pha-Max EL P5K Online Blogging Contest. For full details, check this Page.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}