Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Eating | Picking Up My Mochiko

It has been a practice for my sister and I to like the Facebook pages of different personalities and companies if we indeed liked them. When we tasted Mochicko's Mochi at the Yummy Eats event, we quickly liked their FB page the soonest time we got home.


About two or three weeks ago, Mochicko launched a guessing game wherein fans guess Mochicko's newest flavor, and just by looking at the poster, I already knew the flavor is "Chocnut," because the heart inside was brown and the bun outside had red and white stripes (same colors as the Chocnut's wrapper). I quickly wrote my guess and asked my sister to join, too, just for fun.

Mochicko

Mochicko!

When I wrote in my guess, there were already quite a lot of guesses from other fans - flavors ranged from "Pichi-Pichi" to "Latik," and because of the overwhelming response, we didn't really expect anyone of us would win. Although the name of the flavor is "Choconut," they accepted "Chocnut" responses, and I was just surprised when I received a message from Nowie telling me I was one of the winners. I quickly head over to Mochicko's page and thanked them.

Sending message to the given number, I was told that I could pick up my prize at Mercato Centrale. Since the coming weekends will be quite hectic for me, we decided to pick up the mochi this day.

Mochicko

Mochi, according to Mochicko's leaflet, is a Japanese confection made of glutinous rice balls. It is usually filled with a sweet center such as red bean paste. Mochicko's mochi is filled with ice cream and comes in different flavors. At the Yummy Eats event I got to taste the black sesame, while sister got to taste green tea.

Mochicko

Going to Mercato Centrale (Bonifacio Global City), my sister and only had p500 each that would cover all expenses. Even if we wanted to try more of Mochicko's mochi, we couldn't anymore because we were on a very tight budget (fare alone, we already consumed nearly p200). We just dropped by Mochicko's booth last to claim my prize. They were very friendly and very nice - and they even set aside my prize. Thanks, Mochiko!

Choconut Mochicko

They told me it would take about 45 minutes before the ice cream melts, and worst case scenario, we might just eat it all while on the road. Sis and I have been raving about this prize that our mom was actually excited to taste it, so even if we knew it would be soupy when we get home, we still decided to take home the mochi. I quickly placed the mochi in the freezer, but of course, because it already melted, it didn't look appealing anymore, but eating this for dessert, we still loved the taste. It's chocolate with chocnut... awesome!

Big, big thanks for the Choconut Mochi, Mochiko!

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE.
*** Jenn ***



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}