Saturday, June 4, 2011

Foodie 365 | Week 22

My sis and I traveling to Mt. Pinatubo with some bloggers today, so I am going to post this early. Here are the foods from Week 22 of my Foodie 365 project.

148. Chicken and Siomai

148. Chicken and Siomai

Mom brought home some siomai from Chowking, while brother cooked the chicken using the Buffalo Wings mix.

149. Chopseuy

149. Chopseuy

Sister wanted to eat chopseuy so she went to the market to buy vegetables. She used chicken innards, squid balls, and quail eggs for her dish, but because I don't eat liver, I just chose the heart. :)

150. Chicken Inasal

150. Chicken Inasal

Brother met up with our cousin Anna Lyne who traveled to Manila from La Union. When he got home, she took home some Chicken Inasal, and I gave it a little taste.

151. Pork and Beans

151. Pork and Beans

Hooray for a new dish from my kitchen! Read the previous post if you want to see the recipe.

152. Arroz Caldo

152. Arroz Caldo

Another sister's craving. We ate this along with crispy fried dilis brother cooked. It was good, but I had heartburn after, maybe because of the calamansi juice.

153. Chicken and Ham Rolls

153. Chicken and Ham Rolls

Another recipe tried from the May 2011 issue of Yummy Magazine. Will post the recipe come Friday.

154. Ria's Birthday Foods

154. Happy Birthday, Ria!

It is a Philippine custom for close neighbors to give a plate of food whenever there's a celebration. Ria had an early birthday celebration, and sent us a plate of Pancit Hab-Hab, a slice of cake and some Pimiento Cheese Rolls. All are yummy, and the pimiento cheese rolls caught my interest that I might cook it next week as well.

This week has been ruled by the chicken (bawk bawk...). :)

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}