Friday, March 22, 2013

Jollibee for Dinner

Last week, sister asked me if I would accompany her to the mall because she had to buy a gift for her goddaughter-to-be Alessandra. When brother heard about our plans, he quickly made a phone call to mom and asked her to meet us at the mall so we all could eat dinner together. Normally, choosing where to eat would take a lot of time for us because each would have a suggestion, but for this food trip, all of us seemed to prefer one place: Jollibee.

Jollibee - Jolly Hotdog

Brother had his favorite, the Jolly Hotdog. I realized, it's been a while since I last had this... maybe next time.

Jollibee Chickenjoy and Spaghetti Meal

Like brother, mom opted to go with her usual meal - the Chickenjoy + Spaghetti meal. I noticed, mom would always either go for this or the Chickenjoy + Palabok meal.

Jollibee Crispy Pork Steak

For this food trip, I wanted to try what's new at Jollibee. First I tried was their Crispy Pork Steak. At p49 pesos (with drink), this was very, very cheap...and I guess that's the reason why the pork slice was too thin, and the breading a little thick. I did like how crispy it was, and the sauce was okay for me. I don't know if I will go for this again... I guess when I am really hungry and didn't bring enough cash to splurge, I might.

Jollibee Garlic Bangus

Another new on the menu I tried was the Garlic Bangus. Fried breaded bangus with sauce and toasted garlic bits... it is simply Daing na Bangus a la Pobre, and I kinda liked it. It was marinated good, the sauce with garlic bits was a good breakaway from the usual garlic-infused vinegar dip, but what I didn't like in this particular serving was that the fish was a little tough, and I had the tail cut of the fish. I was sort of expecting all the cuts were taken from the middle part... I was hoping to eat more of the belly, actually. :)

Price for this (as of this writing) is p79 (solo) and p89 with regular drink. Not bad. Well, people might just say, "It's just Daing na Bangus," but I am quite pleased to have this on the Jollibee menu, so that parents with kids who are always choosing Jollibee would get to eat other dishes other than the usual burger and spaghetti... and now that it is Lenten Season, it's nice for them to offer a fish dish.

Jollibee Ultimate Burger Steak

Sister tried another new on the menu - the Ultimate Burger Steak. Same taste as the regular Burger Steak, but this one's made using the Champ patty, and is served under a bed of French Fries and sunny side-up egg. The pleasure of eating it is by having a little of each, and it was indeed delicious.

In college, Jollibee's Burger Steak was one of my favorite things, and if some students hail the instant noodles as the food item that got them through college, for me it was the Jollibee Burger Steak, and it was also my choice of meal when I started working at one of the companies in Makati (food there was expensive, but this one isn't). Anyway, I only got a taste of this from my sister's plate, but the next time we dine at Jollibee, I am sure to get this one... with hot sauce mixed in the mushroom gravy.

This is currently priced at p119, which comes with a regular drink. Still very affordable.

FTFBadge
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}