Friday, March 8, 2013

Eat Good, Be Good with Jollibee Tuna Pie

All of us are fans of Jollibee in one way or another (especially those who are born in the 80s onwards). We do have a lot of Jollibee related stories, and even if there so many food places sprouting here and there, I am sure we have some favorites from Jollibee. If you ask me my top 5 favorite Jollibee food, it would be - Jolly Spaghetti, Jolly Hotdog, Burger Steak (with extra mushroom gravy mixed with a little hot sauce), Longganisa, and their pies.

Jollibee's Tuna Pie has been there for many years, although it is not really available all year long. I remember my ex-bf (from long time ago) and I would eat a lot of these during the lenten season - eating one as part of our meal and taking out two pies each, which we will eat as snacks while traveling.

Jollibee Tuna Pie Jollibee Tuna Pie

Now that it's Lenten Season in the Catholic Calendar, it is very timely for Jollibee to serve the Tuna Pie once again, for people who go meatless every Fridays (but this is available everyday, just to clarify). I admit I always forget to go meatless or abstain from many things during Friday, so a delivery of the Tuna Pie today (Friday), was a great reminder not to eat meat (chicken and beef mainly) for just one day, and maybe let go of the rice that I eat a lot of. There were 8 pieces of Tuna Pie - two for each of us in the family, and I ate my share for lunch and mid-afternoon snacks.

Jollibee Tuna Pie

I loved how big the pies are now. Before, it was probably just half the size, and I must say, the big pieces are truly enough to satisfy. Some people go meatless, others eat less, some go meatless and eat less at the same time. Well, Jollibee's Tuna Pie is sure to hit both things. :)

Jollibee Tuna Pie

Personally, I love Jollibee's pies in general because of its crust. I have tried the many pies served by Jollibee - Peach Mango, Ube Macapuno and I think there's also Buko Pina and Banana Langka, as well as the Chicken and Beef - and although there were flavors I didn't like, the crust seemed to be the thing I loved the most. Another thing I loved about their pies is the generous serving of fillings.

The creamy, peppery filling of Jollibee Tuna Pie with lots of tuna chunks, some mushrooms, and carrot bits is something that makes me crave more of it, and I believe I am not the only one raving about the Tuna Pie, for this was recognized by Yahoo! as one of the 13 Fast Food Menu Items that Have Fanatical Cult Following. Well, do count me in as one of its followers. :)

Like I said, the Jollibee Tuna Pie isn't available all year round, so while it's there, I suggest you go and try it out. Prices? 33 pesos for the solo serving and 45 pesos with a cup of drink. I don't know until when this will be available, so I might as well savor it as much as I could.

Have you tried the Jollibee Tuna Pie?
What's your favorite Jollibee product?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}