Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sumo Sam Opens in SM Manila to Satisfy Your Japanese Cravings

For me, it was never "love at first taste" with Japanese food, but even then I love eating Ebi Tempura. Now, I am happy to say that I am eating more Japanese food, and is slowly embracing the unique taste of Japanese cuisine. Here in our house, it is brother and sister who's very much into Japanese food, and I am very thankful that brother shared these images to me from the day Sumo Sam opened its doors in SM Manila.


Co-owned by celebrity / chef / restaurateur Marvin Agustin (other owners are Ricky Laudico and Raymund Magdaluyo), this is the 26th Sumo Sam branch. Now that's a great indication that people love what they have to offer!


The interiors look very Japanese, and could comfortably sit couples and groups.

Sumo Sam offers a wide array of selection and here are just some of the many you could try:


Salmon Sashimi
{This is something I have yet to try - I am still letting myself learn how to eat raw food other than fruits and vegetables.}


Ebi Tempura
{My ultimate favorite Japanese food!}


Dynamite Roll
{I am quite used to the rolls as is... seeing this one with toppings just made me crave for it.}


California Roll
{Possibly the very first sushi roll I have come to love}


Las Vegas Roll
{Are those grated cheese on top? Interesting.}


Sumo Sam Pride Salad
{Prawns... I so want you! :P}


Bacon Dory
{I wonder if this is the same as the Bacon Wrapped Dory we had at John and Yoko years ago}


Chicken Teriyaki
{Looks delish!}


Japanese Rice
{This I want to eat with Ebi Tempura!}


Beef Teppan
{I love that it has a lot of vegetable sidings}


Spicy Tuna Salad
{It wasn't photographed beautifully, but as my brother says it, don't be deceived at how it looks, for this was his favorite dish that day.}


Ice Pops
{It's summertime already, and this seems to be a good dessert. I wanna taste either the Black Sesame or the Green Tea}

Sumo Sam in SM Manila is located on the 4th level, near the cinema area... so if you're within the area and you're craving for some Japanese... or if you'd like to try and compare Sumo Sam's dishes to other Japanese restaurants, you are most welcome to try their food. The friendly and accommodating staff are very much happy to serve you.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}