Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend Eating | Sunday's Lunch and Dinner

Being sick last week made me a bit scared that the scales might not give me a good result by the end of the month (or first day of the next month), but because I wasn't able to exercise that much, I really made sure I'd eat just enough. However, there were two days last week that I ate a full cup of rice for lunch, which proved to be helpful as it stabilized the tummy acid.

Sunday is my privilege day, when most goals and are waived... and since I didn't eat any fried food last week, I allowed myself to eat some today, though of course, even if this is my day to enjoy eating, I still had to make sure I am only eating enough. Portion is still the key. :)

Chicken with Cashews and Paksiw na Bangus

For lunch, I cooked Diced Chicken with Cashews (recipe will be shared on Friday) and Paksiw na Bangus. The fish was something family from Pangasinan gave to us (super delish), and since my mom doesn't really like eating dishes with a hint of sweetness, I decided to cook two dishes just to give the family something to choose from. Mom and I shared a piece of the fish.

Fish with Labong Dinengdeng

Dinner, we had fried fish paired with Labong Dinengdeng (bamboo shoots, saluyot and patani). I have tried eating Dinengdeng with steamed fish, but fried fish still goes well with it.

I now allow myself to eat fried food, but in moderation. I saw some Cream Dory fish at the nearby supermarket, I think I'd be eating breaded Cream Dory this week - with coleslaw. :)

- * - * - * -

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who joined last week.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}