Wednesday, December 21, 2011

15% Off on Datu Puti Vinegar

Less than a week left before Christmas. Have you already finalized your list of dishes to prepare? I am sure the usual Noche Buena staples will be there - Lumpia, Lechon, Salad, Spaghetti and / or Pancit.

Here in our house, I will attempt to go healthy. For Noche Buena, I am planning to prepare Fish Pasta in Marinara Sauce and for the Christmas Day Lunch, I listed three dishes to prepare: Fish Lumpia, Veggie Kare-Kare, and Honey-Soy Marinated Liempo (just so my family can get to eat pork). Our Christmas will not be as hectic as New Year's Day, though... since my Aunt Bing and his family as well as other relatives will be here, my mom and her sisters already lined up quite a long list of dishes they want to serve: Breaded Cream Dory, Lechon, Vegetable Salad with Vinaigrette, Spaghetti, Mashed Potatoes, Grilled Seafood, Fruit Salad and some more I couldn't remember.

Vinegar will be a vital part of our cooking, and it was a great budget saver to know that I can get 15% off on my Datu Puti vinegar purchases. This great deal actually started since October, as is something I was delighted to know about because my top two favorite flavors are salty and sour. 15% off can go a long way, and since Datu Puti is the #1 "Suka ng Bayan," it's flavor has been something Filipinos loved. This promo is available nationwide in all your favorite supermarkets, groceries, and sari-sari stores, and if you want to know more about this, you can check out this link about this Mukhasim Awesome Deal.

Going back to the dishes this holiday, I will be using my Datu Puti Vinegar as dip for the Fish Lumpia, as an additive in making the ginisang bagoong for the Kare-Kare, as an additive for the Lechon Paksiw (because I am sure there will be a lot of leftover Lechon), and as a dip for the grilled seafood. Yum!

There are more dishes where you can use your Datu Puti Vinegar. To name a few:
  • Fish Kilawin
  • dipping sauce for Okoy, Grilled Meats & Seafood and / or Calamares
  • Adobo
  • Paksiw
  • additive for your homemade Atsara and Pickles

Actually, food isn't the only use for vinegar, I actually clean our plastic chopping board by soaking it a few minutes in some vinegar before I scrub it. At times, I also use vinegar in cleaning our counter. It's natural and very effective! Try it!

Datu Puti Pinoy Kurat

I do love Datu Puti Vinegar, but I have a much softer spot for their Pinoy Kurat (spiced tuba vinegar). Since the family tasted Sukang Pinakurat years ago, we often visit weekend markets to buy it, but when Datu Puti released the Pinoy Kurat and mom suggested I try it because she and her friends at work loved this, I never looked back. I did love this more than the first brand I tried because I loved how the many flavors of the spices and tuba vinegar blended together.

I suggest you go and try this on your fried and grilled dishes, you'll love it. I actually make my own Chicken Inasal using the Datu Puti Pinoy Kurat and I loved it a lot!

Christmastime often drains our pockets and wallets, it's just so nice to know that even in some simple things - like the Datu Puti Vinegar - we can save some money. If you're just about to shop for your holiday food items, why not grab the 15% off? Your wallet will thank you for it.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}