Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Recipe | Sigarilyas Sarciado

When sister and I attended the 8th Philippine Food Expo in 2009, my sister was able to buy a Mama Sita cookbook ("Lutong Bahay"). All the recipes featured one or two Mama Sita products, but what made sister buy it is because the dishes were simple to do and it fits every Filipino's palate.

This week, I challenged myself not to eat pork and fried food, so finding dishes to eat can be a little difficult to do, but thanks to this recipe, I was able to find a great way to eat vegetables without having the need to use pork.

Sigarilyas Sarciado

Sigarilyas Sarciado
serves 4

Ingredients:
  • 10 pieces Sigarilyas (Wing Beans), sliced thinly
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 1 pack Mama Sita's Pang Gisa saute mix
  • 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • 3 eggs, beaten

How to Cook:

  • Heat oil in a pan and saute tomatoes and sigarilyas for about one minute.
  • Add water and Mama Sita's Pang Gisa saute mix. Cover the pan and let the vegetable to cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked.
  • Add the eggs. Stir and cook for 2 minutes more. Serve hot.

The recipe was originally printed in Filipino, I just translated it to English for everyone to understand. Anyway, we don't have the saute mix here at home, so I opted to do the traditional way: sauteing minced garlic and onion before adding the sigarilyas and tomatoes. For this recipe, I used about 5 medium sized sigarilyas and just one egg. I actually had a mistake by stirring the dish directly after adding the egg, so the egg didn't form well. To season it, I used salt and pepper.

A very, very simple dish, but I really loved how it turned out.

Best of all, I wasn't able to eat pork... another day of victory for me. :)




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}