Diced Chicken with Cashews
Ingredients - Chicken
- 100g chicken breast, diced
- a dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rhum
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or any ordinary oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- small piece of ginger, smashed with the flat surface of knife
- 50g snow peas, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- 3-4 drops of sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients - Sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Mama Sita's Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
How to Cook:
- In a bowl, combine chicken, pepper, soy sauce, rhum and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, add all ingredients for the sauce and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic and ginger. Once the garlic turn light brown, add the marinated chicken and cook for a few minutes.
- Add stock, oyster sauce, and the sauce. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cashews and allow the ingredients to cook. Drop some sesame oil and season according to your preference. Serve.
This reminded me of the beef dish I tried because it basically had the same ingredients, only that the sauce of this one had a hint of sweetness. I liked the dish and it is something I will cook again, but not when mom's around because she isn't fond of dishes even with a slight hint of sweetness to it.
I am actually collecting more and more chicken dishes (those that uses chicken breasts), and I am glad I got to try this. If you have any chicken recipes you'd like to share, just share them to me. Thanks!