Monday, November 24, 2008

Breaded Pork Lauriat


Breaded Pork Lauriat


Whenever we go out to eat at Chowking, I would always order their shanghai lauriat, because I think it had everything I wanted in a Chinese-style meal. Last Saturday, sister said she's craving for some Chowking, so we went there to eat lunch. I noticed that they had two new sets of lauriat dishes, and I wanted to taste what the new dish is like, so I had the breaded pork lauriat.

It was a little cheaper than my usual shanghai lauriat, and sadly, I wasn't at all satisfied with it. The pancit canton (stir fry noodles) lacked other ingredients and the serving was so small, and the pork cuts were tough, chewy, and the slices were small as well. Usually, the lauriat comes with siomai, and it is now replaced with fried dumpling, which didn't taste that good, and for "dessert" the mung bean buchi has been replaced with mini siopao. It wasn't good as well.

But at least, I do know now that whenever in Chowking, I will just have to stick with my usual meal.

*** Jenn ***

2 comments:

Ibyang said...

that's also one of my husband's faves in Chowking! :)

ibyang
http://awifescharmedlife.blogspot.com/2008/11/weekend-snapshot-little-lunch-party-and.html

Thess said...

Aw Jenn, that was one disappointing meal! My sister ordered it and so I tried...oh no! not worth the price :( everything was dry, old and * must shut up now*



my ws entry here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}