Monday, November 17, 2008

The Cake

Precious Meciel

Like what I have said on the family blog, we were invited to attend the baptism of the baby of our neighbor, Precious Meciel. So many foods served, but because it was quite late (the food was served around 12:30PM), the people in our table instantly got their own share of foods as soon as it was placed on the table.

With that, I wasn't able to take pictures of all the foods served, so I will just share a picture of the cake (including the souvenirs). This one (I think) was provided by the restaurant - Jade Valley Cantonese Cuisine in Quezon City. This cake wasn't served to the guests, the family opted to take it home, but the restaurant didn't have a box, so what the staff did was cut the cake into pieces and wrap them in plastic bags. My sister saw some icing left on the carton base of the cake and started tasting the icing and when some of the kids saw her, they followed and soon I followed, too! =) There were some part of the cake left, too, so I had a good taste of the cake.

To say it was good would be an understatement. This may look like a plain home-baked cake, but it was very delicious! The icing tasted like merengue. Tasting old school type of cake brings back memories when dad used to bake our birthday cakes when we were young.

*** Jenn ***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cake and booties. Someone is very talented.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}