Monday, July 23, 2012

Shrimp Tempura

Prawns and shrimps are my favorite food, next to chicken. Since chicken is somewhat staple at home, so whenever we have shrimps or prawns, I always consider it a time for indulgence.

Last Friday, there were shrimps at the market selling for 80 pesos per 1/4 kilo, 150 per 1/2 kilo. Of course we went to go for 1/2 kilo, half of which we cooked for Saturday's lunch. The next day, I found myself alone in the house, and seeing more shrimps, I just attempted to do something I always crave to eat -

Tempura

Shrimp Tempura. 

We don't have Tempura Mix here at home so I just searched online for easy tempura batter. Well, it didn't result to the kind served at Japanese restaurants, but I think I did good for this batch. An online friend told me it looked more like Camaron Rebusado than a Tempura, which I agreed with. I guess I really need to practice how to do restaurant-style Tempura. :)

Well, for a shrimp lover, this one was heaven.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}