Thursday, July 12, 2012

Clawdaddy Seafood Boil Bags

Clawdaddy's Great American Picnic
B6 Bonifacio High Street, Taguig
+63 (02)856-4785 / +63 (02)856-4326


With a name "Clawdaddy," I first thought it's just crabs they are serving. Sometime last year, I got to realize they are also serving ribs, steaks, and buffalo wings, making it a good place to go to for some American-style dining. Last Wednesday - the 4th of July - my friends and I did just that, at Clawdaddy's Great American Picnic at the Bonifacio High Street.

Claw Daddy - BHS

I just love how spacious the restaurant is, and how 10 people can accommodate the table (of course they can adjust the settings if you're less or more than 10). With the mural depicting the outdoors and the wooden tables and benches, it was like really going on a real picnic! :) 

Table Set Up

Each table had a few buckets for bones and crab shells so that the plates won't get crowded. Each table also had a piece of marble with stone as well as crab pliers (not sure if that's what it's called) to help diners crack their crab shells.

Spiced Grilled Corn

For starters, we were served Grilled Corn while waiting for the other food to be served. The corn itself was sweet, but what made it more special were the sprinkled spices. I knew I will eat a lot for this feast, so I only had a piece just to taste it.

Buffalo Wings

Buffalo Wings. I already tasted their Buffalo Wings back then, but this one was a little mellow on the spice. It wasn't as spicy as I hoped it would be, but it was still tasty and the blue cheese dip added more dimension to the dish. I apologize, though, the picture wasn't of good quality, this looked way much better in person than this photograph.

Ball Park Nachos

Ball Park Nachos. Definitely one of the most interesting nachos I have tasted for this one had tri-colored chips: reddish pink, deep purple, and the classic pale yellow colors. The toppings are bolder in flavor compared to the typical salsa topping I used to eat - definitely a good hit for me.

Caesar Salad

Caesar Salad. I admit I am not a big fan of salads because it makes me full right away, making me not eat a lot of main course. But, I do know I need to eat some greens to help with the digestion. This, I think, was the most interesting Caesar Salad I have tasted. It had enough amount of dressing (not too thin, not too thick), and it had a slight kick of saltiness that made me want to eat more and more of it. The bacon bits aren't that dry and hard, so I did love the combination of all flavors.

Seafood Boil in a Bag


The big feast that night was about the newest offering from Clawdaddy's - The Clawdaddy's Boiling Bag. Well typically, we do cook our seafood (shellfish, crabs, shrimps) by boiling them, but doing so can cause flavors to go straight to the water used for boiling. This concept was a much better way of boiling the seafood without losing its precious juices and flavors. Seafood, together with other ingredients - lemons, potatoes, corn, sausage, and sauce were placed inside a food-grade plastic bag - sealed, then place in a pot of boiling water. The heat from the water creates a steam inside the bag, cooking the ingredients and marrying all the flavors without letting the water wash all the flavors away. The bags are served like this, and one restaurant crew opened it before our eyes. We could see what was inside, but opening the bags, smelling the flavors was like opening gifts on Christmas Day.

Seafood Boil in a Bag

Seafood Boil in a Bag (Clawdaddy Spice). Inside the bag are: Crabs, Fresh Water Prawns, South Pacific Clams, Green Mussels, Manila Clams, Andouille Sausage, Potatoes, and Corn. The Clawdaddy Spice wasn't really that spicy hot, but it did have a hint of spice, which blended well with the rich mix of flavors. The fruity tangy flavor from the lemons as well as the herbs added more twists, making it a lip-smacking good dish to feast on, and it will definitely make you ask for a cup of rice. :)

Seafood Boil in a Bag

Seafood Boil in a Bag (Garlic Butter). Same ingredients as the one above, only difference is the flavor. This one was lighter compared to the other flavor and one could taste the garlic and the butter. I could say this one is much easier to eat because it wasn't spicy and rich, but if you ask me, I still prefer the other one. My friends disagree with me though.

All-Shrimp Boiling Bag

All-Shrimp Boiling Bag (Clawdaddy Spice).  As the name suggested, this one's for the shrimp/prawn lovers (like me).

Aside from the All-Shrimp and the Seafood Boil in a Bag, they also have: Shellfish Boiling Bag, Maryland Crab Boiling Bag, and Louisiana Crab & Shrimp Boiling Bag. Flavors to choose from are: Seafood Boil Spice, Garlic Butter, Creole Cajun, and Clawdaddy Spice. Diners can choose if they want it mild or spicy, so one kind of boiling bag can have different flavors.

By the way, don't worry so much about the mess - each diners were given a big bib to protect the clothes as well as hot, damp towel (with scent) to take out the seafood smell in the hands. All you have to do then is enjoy the food.

Aside from the Bonifacio High Street branch, other branches include - Shangri-La Mall, SM Mall of Asia, and Nuvali - Sta. Rosa.


  FTFBadge   


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}