Sunday, October 2, 2011

Snacking After a Stroll

The Perfect Cup
#3 Salcedo Street, Vigan City
+63 (77)722-7395
30 October 2010


The Perfect Cup

While in La Union, Ria asked me if there's a coffee shop in Vigan. I told her there were no "big names" coffee shop there, but there's this one small shop that offers coffee and pastries.

After eating lunch at Grandpa's Inn, we went to check the Bantay Church and Baluarte. We hoped to check the Crisologo Museum, but it was already closed, so I just told her we should just go to Calle Crisologo so we could see it while there's still enough sunlight. However, we got a little tired from all the walking, so I took her to The Perfect Cup.

The Perfect Cup

It was a small coffee shop, which I believed was the location of the Zaguan Photo Studio where siblings and I had our "Blast from the Past" picture. Anyway, there weren't much people inside (beside the school girls), so we were positive there would be a lot of pastries for us to choose from.

We were wrong.

At that time, we still didn't know what was the festivity happening that day, but we were informed that their fridge was nearly empty. Well, we came there mainly for some refreshments, so knowing that all coffee choices (hot and cold) were available, we placed our order.

Ria's Drink

Cookies and Cream Frappuccino. Ria's drink. It had a lot of cookies, it had a good blend of coffee and cookies, so it was an okay drink overall.

My Drink

Choco Macadamia Nut Frappuccino. Coffee, chocolate, macadamia flavor. Check, check, check. Although there weren't much macadamia flavor, it was creamy enough for me.

One little sad note, though... they used disposable cups and straws - the kinds we can buy at a supermarket. While that is basically okay, I hope in time they can have their own cups so it would look a little upscale and not like we just bought it at a sidewalk.

Blueberry Cheesecake

Blueberry Cheesecake. They do have one remaining pastry left, which Ria quickly ordered. It was a good cheesecake, lots of blueberries, but we are not sure if they made it personally for the store.

Nachos with Cheese

Nachos with Cheese. My drink was a little sweet, so I went for something salty. I was a bit disappointed when they served me this - the chips looked and tasted like Mr. Chips (the Jack & Jill corn chips), but the dipping mayo was amazing! It had this something in it that both of us couldn't pinpoint. Aside from that, the chips were warm, it had two kinds of cheese (aside from the chips' cheese flavoring), so I was sold on the chips. :)

Vigan Torta

Vigan Torta. While having our late snacks, a tray of these goodies was delivered. Asking what it was, we quickly ordered a piece just to taste it. This tasted like mamon (it had the same consistency), but this was more delicious than the typical mamon.

We enjoyed the snacks, but sun was going down quickly, so after munching our food, we paid our bill, took our cups and started strolling along Calle Crisologo to buy some pasalubong.



PS - Big, big thanks to Ms. Bogie for featuring my Farmer John Potato Chips this week on Yummy Sunday.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}