Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Louis XV





Louis XV Louis XV

Louis XV

Let's start the day with something sweet. This is the Louis XV cake, the signature dish of renowned chef Alain Ducasse's 3-Michelin star restaurant in Monaco. It has been said that there are only two places where you can eat this, in Monaco, or at the Restaurant 101 of Enderun Colleges in the Philippines. Enderun Colleges and Alain Ducasse made a formation to train culinary students to be world class.

The picture above, as well as the one with quote was something I had last May, when I was invited to attend the "Discover Cuisine" event at Enderun Colleges. The rounded one on the other hand was something served at the Dessert Buffet last Saturday, when I attended Enderun Colleges' "L'art de la Patisserie" event.

I may not like chocolate bars/candies, but I wouldn't pass a chocolate-laden pastry, especially if it's as special as this one. In case you wanna know, that's real edible gold leaf at the top of the cake.

Hmmmm... decadence!

My post about the Enderun Colleges' Dessert Buffet will be up later this afternoon.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}