Monday, October 25, 2010

Bro's Chicken Inasal

Chicken Inasal - Brother's Style

On our last grocery day, brother texted to include some chicken breast for him. When he saw sister didn't finish all the Sprite in the can, he decided to marinade the chicken meat to make inasal. Yesterday lunch time - I was still very sleepy when I overheard he was going to the market to buy some pork to be grilled. Even if I was sleepy, I managed to shout out a favor of buying some eggplants, because I loved eating ensaladang talong during BBQ days. :)

I wasn't able to take a picture of my grilled pork chop and my ensaladang talong with lots of chopped tomatoes, thinly sliced radish, and bagoong balayan... but I was able to take a picture of brother's chicken inasal. I am not into chicken breast, but I gave this one a taste. It was surprisingly tender, but it was quite far from my own version of the dish. I wasn't able to taste much of the ginger and lemon grass, but the dish was okay enough.

Thanks for the great lunch yesterday, brother dear!

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}