Monday, October 11, 2010

Steamed Tilapia and Veggies

Steamed Tilapia and Veggies

Yesterday, my mom asked me if I wanted to eat tilapia or bangus. Both fishes were available in our fridge, but seeing we only had 2 pieces of tilapia and it was just the two of us eating, might as well cook it and save the bangus for later because we can cut it in 3 to 4 pieces for the whole family to eat.

In one issue of DiabetEASE Magazine that my aunt had, I read that tilapia has got to be the one of the unhealthy fishes one could eat, for reasons I cannot recall anymore. What I do recall was that, while it is very safe to eat tilapia, it would be much better to cook it without oil. With that in mind, I decided to just steam the fish.

Normally, when we steam the tilapia (or any fish), we would put slices of kamias to give the fish some tangy flavor, but our kamias tree didn't have any fruits, so I just squeezed some lemons. Nothing major on this dish - I just seasoned it with salt and pepper before steaming it. I also added some cut vegetables (cabbage, green beans, red bell peppers, and carrots), for some fiber. As for the dressing, I just prepared an aioli sauce.

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}