Wednesday, August 11, 2010

D - Dumplings

We aren't really big fans of Chinese cuisine, but lately, whenever the family goes out to eat, we would find ourselves eating at Chinese restaurants. I guess with the Filipinos inheriting some of Chinese foods, it feels as if eating in the comforts of our home.

My choice of D food for ABC Wednesday is the dumpling. Taken from Wikipedia, "Dumplings are cooked balls of dough. They are based on flour, potatoes, bread or matzoh meal, and may include meat, fish, or sweets. They may be cooked by boiling, steaming, simmering, frying, or baking. They may have a filling, or there may be other ingredients mixed into the dough. Dumplings may be sweet, spicy or savoury. They can be eaten by themselves, in soups or stews, with gravy, or in any other way."



Pork Dumplings (Fried)

Fried Dumplings. This is fried pork dumpling, sister's choice when we ate at Panciteria Lido. Personally speaking, I love my dumplings steamed because that's how I have grown to know and eat it, but my sister prefers the fried ones because of its crunch. This one tasted really good, especially when dipped to the sweet and sour sauce.

Shrimp Dumplings

Steamed Dumplings. Shrimp dumplings, which we had when we ate at Go! Fan restaurant. It was our first time to eat there, and seeing that their dumplings wasn't that expensive, we decided to have this part of our meal. The dough was chewy soft, and the mix of flavors inside go well with it. I loved this one because the shrimps are whole and not chopped. I also loved the way they created the dough, it must be difficult to make it look like a shell. :)

Whether fried or steamed, dumplings are very delicious snacks that I seriously wouldn't pass up.

*** Jenn ***

5 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

i prefer it steamed. :) i never liked fried dumplings.

Roger Owen Green said...

I prefer the texture of the steamed, but the taste of the fried. Go figure.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

mrsnesbitt said...

I am seriously hungry now! lol!

Thanks for this
Denise
ABC Team

Leo said...

its nearing midnight here, and i just finished dinner.. but i'm hungry again now..!

Tumblewords: said...

Looks delicious - the shell-shaped dumplings are so enticingt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}