Friday, May 31, 2013

Lunch Meal Sets at Watami Japanese Casual Restaurant

Slowly, I am learning how to fully appreciate Japanese cuisine. I still can't convince myself to eat raw seafood, but Japanese food is not only about Sashimi, so there are still plenty of choices. A few days ago, I got to try food at another Japanese Restaurant with my brother and fellow blogger pals.

Watami Japanese Casual Restaurant

Watami Japanese Casual Restaurant is very popular in Japan, having over 700 branches all over the country. Here in the Philippines, there are two branches - one in SM Mall of Asia and the one along Hotel Drive in Glorietta 2, where we had our lunch. Another branch will open soon at SM Aura (Bonifacio Global City).

Watami Japanese Casual Restaurant
Watami Japanese Casual Restaurant Watami Japanese Casual Restaurant

I love, love, love how it looks inside! The lighting is slightly muted, but enough for diners to still photograph their food without much complaints. Most of the tables are good for four, but the restaurant also has two-top tables for couples and some long tables for bigger groups.

Watami serves a wide array of Japanese dishes, but we came here to try their Set Lunch menu. There are 12 sets to choose from, and here's some of what we had -

Beef Sukiyaki Set Lunch

Beef Sukiyaki Rice in Stone Pot Set
Toni's meal.

Tuna Sashimi Set Lunch

Tuna Sashimi Rice Set
Lianne's meal, the salad, udon and miso soup were served a little later.

Salmon Sashimi Set Lunch

Salmon Sashimi Rice Set
My brother's meal. This comes with salad, udon, and miso soup, which I wasn't able to photograph because my brother already started his meal when the rest of the set were served. Brother liked the salmon sashimi, he said it tasted fresh and it had the natural sweetness he's looking for in a salmon sashimi.

Mackarel Set Lunch

Roasted Mackerel Set with Rice
Jonel's meal.

Beef Pepper Rice Set Lunch

Black Pepper Beef with Rice in Stone Pot Set
Alex's meal.

Tempura Set Lunch

Tempura Rice Set
Stacy's meal.

Pork Tonkatsu Set Lunch

Deep Fried Pork Cutlet Set
My meal. Well, since there are 12 set meals and I hoped to photograph as much as I could, I decided to order something different. I was thinking whether to go with this or the Chicken Cutlet with Scrambled Egg Sauce, but I went for the pork instead. The pork cutlet was thick, giving me the satisfaction that I got my money's worth, but it tasted like typical pork tonkatsu. Though it wasn't very exceptional, I did love the sauce and the coleslaw. The coleslaw had this tangy creamy dressing that went well with the pork cutlets, and the miso soup was one of the best I have tasted.


All of the 12 Sets comes with side salad and miso soup, some comes with a choice of hot or cold udon. These set lunches are definitely much cheaper compared to ordering it one by one, and because it's already complete and enough to make one full, I truly recommend it.

--------------------
Watami Japanese Casual Restaurant
G/F Glorietta 2, Hotel Dr Ayala Center, Makati
+63 (02) 808-0475

FTFBadge
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}