Wednesday, May 1, 2013

ABC Wednesdays - O & P

Another two-in-one ABC Wednesday post for me this week.


O - Osso Bucco
Osso Bucco is a Milanese dish which meant "Bone with a Hole" (Osso - bone; Bucco - hole). It uses veal shanks braised in vegetables, white wine, and gremolata.

This dish was what I had for dinner when I dined at Bellini's (an authentic Italian restaurant) in Cubao, Quezon City with my friend K.


P - Pili Nuts
Pili is a tropical tree native to South East Asia, Papua New Guinea, and Northern Australia. Although it is often used as an ornamental tree, it is only here in the Philippines that it is cultivated and its nuts processed commercially. The nuts can be eaten raw, but I prefer it lightly coated with caramel, because there's something in Pili Nuts that I didn't like much.

Next week it's going to be "Q," may I find a food item starting in Q. :) Happy mid-week, everyone!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}