Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Green Tea

I am not a big tea drinker, but I always welcome a cup of tea whenever possible. One time, my friend Ria mentioned about Matcha Green Tea being the best in fat burning capabilities, so when her former teacher gave her packets of Green Tea, she decided to share it with sis and I. A little tea party!

Green Tea

Honestly, I don't know what's the difference between Matcha Green Tea to just Green Tea. At the supermarket, I can only see Green Tea, but Ria told me this type of Matcha Green Tea was purchased at the PX Store in Clark - store known for selling imported goods, where goods are priced by US Dollars, and shoppers will have to convert it to the exchange rate that day in Philippine Pesos.

Green Tea

Being a noob about preparing tea, we just followed what was written on the packet - boil water and steep the tea bag for 15 seconds. Next step was something we weren't able to understand: cut the packet and pour loose tea, something like that (I threw the packet already, sorry). Anyway, we just took out the bag after 15 seconds or so - time to enjoy the tea!

Tea Quote

Of course, it tasted like any regular hot cup of tea, but five minutes after we had a small cup of it, we felt its calming effect - like we mellowed or something. Funny though, tea has caffeine and it's supposed to make people alert and alive, yet we felt we wanted to sleep already!

I am not sure if I will have a chance to see this Green Tea brand, but if ever I see one, I'd surely buy it as I once tasted the Matcha Milk Tea and loved it.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}