Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekend with "Ninong Max"

Hello, foodies!

My weekend was great - Saturday, I was able to spend time with neighbor (and friend) Ria as well as some bloggers at the first week of the 3rd Philippine International Pyromusical Competition Week 1. I had a difficult time taking pictures of the fireworks, but it was one magical night of music and lights!

For the members of the media (tv, print, and online), there was a buffet dinner, but for some reason, I forgot to take pictures of each of the dishes at the buffet, I was only able to take a picture of my plate. :)

Sunday was somewhat gloomy - there were rainshowers the entire day, but the foodie in me had a blast... thanks to awesome food from Max's Restaurant and Max's Corner Bakery.

Ria was here in our house that morning, so I wasn't able to come with mom, sis, and bro at SM Fairview, but I just asked them to take me home some food.

Max's Fried Chicken (Half)

Max's Fried Chicken (Half). They ate at a different restaurant, but because they dropped by Max's Restaurant to get the cake, they also get the half fried chicken. We all shared this for dinner that night - I ate the drumstick, mom ate the wing, sis had the thigh, bro had the breast.

Black Forest Cake

Black Forest Cake. Sister and I received a GC for one heart shaped cake at Max's Corner Bakery, and she chose to get her cake today as we only have until 14 February to get the cake and we didn't want to drown ourselves with cakes to eat. She chose to get the Black Forest Cake and it was so delicious! The cake was moist and dense... not too sweet, had the right amount of cherry alcohol, and even with the chocolate shavings, it still wasn't really sweet.

Actually, I dropped by Max's Restaurant Saturday night before traveling back home... and here's how our fridge looks like at the moment:

Our Fridge

With the exception of Figaro's Cioccolato Morsi, our fridge is filled with Max's Corner Bakery products! I already shared the cake and the assorted pastry bites... next time, I will share the rest of the baked goodies!

- * - * - * -

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who joined last week.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}