Thursday, February 2, 2012

Breakfasts at Fernandina

1572 Restaurant and Ballroom
Fernandina 88 Suites Hotel
222 P. Tuazon Blvd., Araneta Shopping Center
Cubao, Quezon City
18 - 19 November 2010

Part of our stay at the Fernandina 88 Suites Hotel is the free breakfast, which was served at their 1572 Restaurant and Ballroom located at the 7th floor of the hotel. Since I wasn't really able to take lots of pictures for the two breakfasts we had, I will just share to you images for both days.

Buffet Spread - Day 1

Day 1. We were actually a bit late for breakfast - we didn't know there will be a buffet, we thought we will place orders for breakfast like what we always had, so there weren't much food left for us to eat.

Tapa, Ham, Longganisa

I had Beef Tapa, a slice of Sweet Ham, a scoop of Scrambled Eggs, 2 pieces Skinless Longganisa and a small bowl of Pumpkin Soup.

I loved the tapa because it was tender and very flavorful, but I didn't like the egg much because of personal reasons. It was good, but not my type of egg, if you get what I mean. The ham tasted like typical ham we get at the supermarket, and the longganisa was okay, too. The soup wasn't really hot anymore (well, we were late anyway), but I liked that it had the right balance of sweetness and saltiness.

K had the typical English breakfast - bread and jam. We also had coffee to go with our meal.

- * - * - * - * - * -

Buffet Spread - Day 2

Day 2. We will be leaving for Puerto Galera that day, so we went to the restaurant early. True enough, there were more food choices this time of the day, and because we will travel and might not have the chance to eat while traveling, I told myself I'd eat a lot! Hahaha.

Egg Drop Soup

Egg Drop Soup. Hot and comforting! I love it!

Hotdog and Fish

Plate 1. Hotdogs didn't taste like TJ Hotdogs, but it was good. As for the Daing na Bangus, well, I didn't like that the breading was a little too much, but I don't have any complaints about the taste - it was marinated good, so even without the vinegar dip, I enjoyed eating it.

Pork and Fish

Plate 2. I felt a bit disappointed to see the Sweet and Sour Pork because I just had that dish last night at the same restaurant (will talk about our dinner on the next post), but it was actually delicious that I still ate it for breakfast. The Fish Strips was another good dish, but for this I actually took some vinegar dip.

As always, K had the bread and jam; both of us had coffee (he had two cups, I believe), and we ate some fruits for desserts.

I am kinda liking the Breakfast Buffet - as a hearty eater, knowing I have many choices makes me satisfied.

FTFBadge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like what you guys are up too. Such intelligent work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I've incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my website :)
Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer Dual Firmness All Foam Crib Mattress

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}