Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Potato Wedges

When it comes to letter "P," a few food items that came to mind include: Pineapple, Papaya, Pork, and Pizza. However, while editing my 2010 pictures, I came across two "P" food - Pad Thai and this:

Potato Wedges

Potato Wedges. This was something sister had when we had a food trip at BBB (Big, Better, Burgers). I do love potatoes, but for some reason, I don't like French Fries and Potato Wedges that much, although I could say I eat it, too. Well, if it's available, I will eat it, if not, it's okay, too.

Anyway, I don't think I am really an emotional eater, for I don't really seek comfort in eating if I feel bad, but I am a hearty eater in general - give me a spread of different sumptuous food and I will eat it all with gusto. However, I admit there were a few instances that I would eat just because it was a boring day and I don't have anything else to do.

I don't know what the author meant with the quote, but reading it, I somehow relates it with emotional eating. I agree with some people - food can give us comfort and it's a good way of forgetting problems, but I do agree, too, that even if we drown ourselves with lots of food, the problem is still there. Come to think of it, once the food gets into our hips, we have more problems to face. :)

There are still times that I get tempted to eat more than I needed. There are still times that I would crave for certain food... just because. I still have a lot to learn as to how to control myself, and I would like to think that I am becoming stronger.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}