Friday, November 27, 2009

Yadobi



260/365 - Yadobi

I always intend to go back to the Food Friday post, but what to share was always a problem for me since I post foods that I cooked for this meme. I don't cook that much anymore, so my Food Friday wasn't as update as it once was.

For this week, I am sharing yet another adobo dish. It was one of my life goals - to cook the perfect adobo - but with this one I failed again. Well, the family loved it, and I am confident that this one's delicious, but what I meant with "perfect" was dunking all the ingredients in the pot and slow cook it, without any more alterations. However, whenever I cook adobo, I would see myself tasting it over and over, then adjust the taste. I really can't get the balance between the soy sauce and vinegar on the first try.

Any tips on how to cook adobo?

*** Jenn ***

2 comments:

Unknown said...

slow-cooked adobo is the best. i usually add vinegar when the meat is already tender.

maiylah said...

naku, i usually eat adobo cooked by my MIL, lol. i cooked adobo once, pero iba pa rin. i heard that some people put coconut milk in their adobo ... but i just heard that. :D

really appreciate your playing again, Jenn
i missed your wonderful food shots!

enjoy the rest of the weekend

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}