Monday, November 23, 2009

Spur of the Moment Pancake

If you'll ask me, I will tell you that I don't eat pancakes made using the store bought pancake mix. I don't know why, I just can't seem to finish one cake... my throat would seem to close up and reject the pancake. Over time, I found a way to eat pancakes by adding up something salty to it - either grated cheese or cold cuts.

But, if the pancake is made using ordinary all purpose flour, I would eat it with gusto. And yesterday, I asked brother if he could whip up some pancakes. No specific reason, I just suddenly craved for it and sister liked the idea, too. At first brother was hesitant because we need to have some baking powder if we wanted it to be fluffy (otherwise it would be so flat). We seemed not to mind it, so brother gave in.

He was able to cook 5 pieces of pancakes and what he did was to stack them up, and quartered it so all of us would have equal share. It was very simple, but delicious. Hopefully, when we go grocery shopping, we could buy some flour so we can get to eat this just whenever we want.

*** Jenn ***

1 comment:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

i dunno how to make pancake from scratch.. but i like using Pilsbury pancake mix.. so good :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}