Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Eating | Food Trip with Two Chinese Food Buddies

Hello, foodies!

I had to be out with family this morning so this week's edition of Weekend Eating is slightly late. Anyway, hope you all had a great, fun-filled weekend.

Today is the Chinese New Year. We (the family) don't really celebrate it as we obviously aren't Chinese, but last Saturday I had a food trip with two Chinese food buddies - Asmodeus and Ekl10 at Cuisine Centrale in Quezon City.

Cuisine Centrale

Asmodeus has been a food buddy of mine since last year. It was last February when we first had a food trip (before that we would only exchange food talks via the forum or through Facebook). Since then, we have planned to have another food trip, but because our schedules never jived, it took us many months for this food trip to push through. Actually, this one was sort of an impromptu food trip; we planned to have one on Monday (today), but when he shared that he will be having a food trip last Saturday and Ekl10 asked if he can join, Asmodeus asked if I will be available, too. Since we have planned for this trip for so long and that all of us were available last Saturday, we decided to push through.

We had our late and very long food trip at Cuisine Centale - just outside Casa Pura in Sct. Santiago Street. Both Asmodeus and Ekl10 are "certified" foodies - they have dined in so many establishments here and there, so for this food trip, we all wanted to dine at a place unknown to us three, so comments and opinions about the food, service, and anything in between will be (sort of) unbiased.

We sampled seven dishes that night - 2 soup dishes, 1 pasta dish, 3 main course dishes, and 1 dessert. Of all the dishes we tasted, my favorite was this:

Seafood Pasta

Seafood Spaghetti in Oil and Garlic. I am not fond of seafood pasta, but I did choose to go for this pasta dish because it was the "healthiest" pasta in the selection. Served with homemade pasta which had the texture of Pansit Canton (the kind I got to taste at some "Chinese" - themed restaurants like Kowloon House and Dory's Canton Palace), I just loved the flavors of the seafood (shrimps, fish, and squid) and the pesto-like sauce. The bread was lightly flavored which paired well with the pasta. My sister felt it could be better with a little more olive oil, but I think it's just fine.

The full food trip experience will be shared in the future. :)

To Asmodeus, and Ekl10... thank you for sharing the food trip with me. 'Til the next food trip! Gong Xi Fa Cai to you both, and to all the Chinese people reading this humble blog of mine. If you want to read about Asmodeus' food trips, please check his blog, Life is F.

- * - * - * -

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who joined last week.





Thanks to my sister, too, for coming with me and for taking the first picture on this post.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}