Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend Eating | Chicken and Veggies

Sunday should have been a great day for me - Mr. Pipoy and I had plans to go out and walk / jog together, and come afternoon, I was supposed to attend a Chinese New Year related event with bloggy pals. None of these plans took place, though. Well, I truly understand that Mr. Pipoy had a much needed rest, so it was okay that we didn't get to meet, but the CNY event was something I was blaming myself about - I truly lost track of dates/times... even if I already wrote it on my planner, I still forgot that yesterday was already the 15th and because it was already 3:58pm when I realized I had to be at SM City North EDSA at 4pm and that I lent my camera to my sister, I couldn't attend the event anymore. Sigh...

Anyway, the first half of the month was a roller coaster for me as far as losing weight is concerned. I still was lazy most of the time (when it comes to doing the video workouts and doing the morning walks), so my weight for yesterday was the same as it was the first day of the month. My emotions were so unstable - quite a lot of arguments here and there - so I told myself starting today, I'd go back on track.

Lechon Manok and Veggies

Brother wanted to eat Lechon Manok for dinner last night, so off we went to buy 1/2 roasted chicken. I just bought some veggies to balance the meal, and I was happy that I am starting to adjust to eating lesser again. Hopefully, for the coming days, I will get back into the habit of eating just enough to feed myself. I surely want to reach my goal weight the soonest possible time.

By the way, brother cooked Tinola Soup to go with this meal - typical way of cooking tinola, but instead of adding real chicken, he just put in one chicken cube. Hot soup on a slightly cool night. So comforting!

- * - * - * -

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who joined last week.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}